Sunday, October 9, 2011

The New Romanticism in Action

Below are two videos that I think reveal the new romanticism that is coming out in America.

The Occupy Wall Street folks and their spinoffs have an interesting way of conducting a open meeting.  watch this

 

I don't know who the ConservArt group is but the video is interesting.  I am tempted to make the following statement

repeat after me "Our father, who art in heaven...." 

Such is group think.

Now for a scholar about group think see this video at TED (I can't paste it here)

http://www.ted.com/talks/jonathan_haidt_on_the_moral_mind.html

Why is this post modern romanticism?  First, the old linear ideas don't get used.  Second, egalitarianism is rampant, and likely excessive. Third, Both sides of the old party line get bashed; neoliberals and neocons are indignant about these protests.

Yin and Yang, closed and open, Apollonian and Dionysian.  Are we there yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment