Saturday, July 6, 2013

Yellowstone in June

I was in Yellowstone NP for a long weekend the last days of June.  My daughter is working there again this season, at Canyon Village.  The trip was short and we had car problems that took us to Bozeman  more than we wanted, but it worked out OK.

We got to see most of the famous sights and some of the off the usual track sites. We even went down to Colter Bay in Grand Teton NP.

For wildlife we saw the usual round of bison, deer, elk, an eagle's nest with chicks, black bear, a glimpse of a wolf but no griz or moose.

They also had an out break of norovirus when I was there but we seemed to have missed it.  However, upon return home, I was nailed with another stomach bug that had me running to the restroom all day on the 4th. I don't think it was norovirus.

Here are some typical photos (if you click on the photo, it can be seen better):




Pelican Point



deer



Layering of the Gods in Lamar Valley



Old Faithful


Black bears at the Specimen Tree



I'll do a separate blog on bison as I have many photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment